Episode #342: What You Need to Know About Google My Business & Your Website, with Kristi SimoneOct 04, 2021
You've finally built your website, and it’s ready for patients to use. But just because you've built it doesn't mean it’s done! Managing your website is a constant editing process. And to help you be up to date and searchable, Kirk Behrendt brings in Kristi Simone, CMO at Whiteboard Marketing, to teach you the best practices of website building and utilizing Google My Business. If you want to create a website that will increase your conversion rates, listen to Episode 342 of The Best Practices Show!
- Fill out your Google knowledge profile.
- Be active on your Google My Business page. It will help you show up in search results.
- Build your website for how Google is going to search for it.
- Your website should also be built for patients. Keep it clean and simple.
- Home pages are the most important to get right. It’s where patients spend the most time.
- Have your calls to action at the top of your website.
- 45% of website users click off in 10 seconds or less. Make information easy to find.
- Don't have videos streaming in the background. It increases the loading time.
- Patients want clickable buttons, such as Google Maps, calling, and online scheduling.
- Online scheduling and chat can increase your conversion rates!
- Use Google Posts as a free advertising opportunity.
- Don't build your own website. Let the experts build it for you.
- It’s recommended to redesign your website every three years.
- Kristi’s background. (03:26—04:38)
- How website marketing has changed for dentists. (03:39—06:06)
- Build your website for Google Search and your patients. (06:07—07:42)
- How Google My Business and building a website is related. (06:42—09:30)
- Biggest mistakes dentists make when building their website. (09:31—11:02)
- More people are searching on mobile. (11:03—12:31)
- Non-negotiables in building a website. (12:31—14:48)
- Online scheduling is a big opportunity. (14:48—17:30)
- Chat is important to a dental practice. (17:31—20:27)
- How important is the “About Us” tab? (20:28—23:13)
- Other things to be aware of with Google My Business. (23:13—26:12)
- What to do with your Google My Business page/Google Posts. (26:12—28:21)
- The Q&A section of a website. (28:21—29:54)
- Is Google My Business an app? (29:55—31:33)
- Other things to consider in making websites and Google My Business. (31:33—32:43)
- Website design is becoming easier. (32:44—34:08)
- What's wrong with using a templated website? (34:09—36:42)
- Kristi’s contact information. (36:42—38:49)
Reach Out to Kristi:
Whiteboard Marketing website: https://whiteboard-mktg.com/
Whiteboard Marketing email: [email protected]
Kristi’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kristisimone1
Kristi’s social media: @kristisimone1
Google My Business: https://www.google.com/business/
Open Dental: https://www.opendental.com/
Kristi Simone Bio:
Kristi Simone is the CMO of Whiteboard Marketing. Born in Middletown, Ohio, she is a graduate of Ohio State University. She works hand-in-hand with clients to attract, acquire, and retain patients for dental offices as the function as an extension of their offices. Whiteboard Marketing is trained to develop and implement custom strategies that will benefit the dental teams in numerous ways, such as Google Advertising, Social Media Advertising and Marketing, Reviews and Reputation Management, Email Marketing, Blog Development, Website Conversions, Dental Branding, and SEO/Google My Business Assistance.