Master Class with Dr. Cherish Leung | January 5, 2024
January 5, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Two-hour Master Class lecture by Dr. Cherish Leungl | Liquid Gold, Ice Cream, & Talkative Toddlers: Tethered Oral Tissues in Pediatrics
- Understand the reason for controversy behind tethered oral tissues
- Be able to identify tongue and lip ties
- Understand the tools and steps to screen for tethered oral tissues
- Collaborative care for tethered oral ties is extremely important. However the role of the dentist does not necessarily have to be a release provider. Dentists (general and pediatric alike) are great primary screeners for ties and their effects not only on the oral cavity, but on airway, speech, and development. This course aims to discuss the importance of screening for tethered oral tissues while identifying the signs and symptoms of a tie. The course will enable the dentist to utilize valuable screening tools, provide parental counseling, and establish collaborative relationships with the appropriate professionals to appropriately treat the disorder.
- Cherish Leung is a pediatric dentist with two practices in Southern California. She wanted to be a pediatric dentist since she was 7 and is blessed to be able to do what she loves. She has a heart of service and has always been around (lots) of little kids, so peds is where she was destined to be. In practice, she is passionate about tethered oral ties, and loves treating them and educating regarding the subject. She and her hubby have one little who is 5 years old who is a joyous mayhem maker who reminds them to be kind, not say bad words (he is the bad word police), and revel in the small things of life daily. Outside of work, she loves to be in nature, especially anything water-based. She prefers the ocean over the mountains but appreciates both. She loves to read, and lately to audiobooks. She used to run a ton but after having her little that was replaced with Disney trips, walks around the block, and when I can, Peloton.