Master Class with Dr. Drew Ferris | October 27, 2023
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Two-hour Master Class lecture by Dr. Drew Ferris | Osseous Anchorage and Orthodontics. Advancing Interdisciplinary Care
- Who can benefit from osseous anchorage versus traditional anchorage in order to better produce the desired tooth movement necessary for optimal restorative results.
- The types of osseous anchors and where they should be placed for different case types based on anatomy and desired tooth movement.
- Why detailed planning and effective communication between the interdisciplinary team is essential in determining tooth position for an optimal restorative outcome.
- Understanding and controlling anchorage is essential in successful orthodontics. Techniques utilizing the osseous complex surrounding the teeth can be implemented to control forces, enabling the desired tooth movement while keeping others from moving. Controlling individual teeth, segments of teeth, and the occlusal planes are essential in order to create a foundation for implant and restorative dentistry to build on. With advancements in osseous anchorage such as temporary anchorage devices, osseous plates, and implants, we have control of the dentition like we never have had before. This advancement in conjunction with clear aligner therapy creates the ideal treatment modality to set up an array of restorative cases. This webinar will demonstrate types of current skeletal anchorage, and how to use them with clear aligners to achieve desired tooth movement.
- Drew attended the University of Missouri – Kansas City for his DDS degree and received his certificate and masters of science in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics at Loma Linda University. He owns four private practices in Santa Barbara, California. Drew has distinguished himself as a leader in the innovative use of both clear aligners and fixed appliances in first-phase, adolescent, and complex interdisciplinary treatment. He has lectured nationally and internationally on a variety of orthodontic topics including diagnosis, treatment, and practice management. Drew is one of the nation’s top clear aligner providers, a published author, and has designed and developed products and techniques in his field. He is also a faculty member in orthodontics at Loma Linda University. In addition to working in his practice and frequent lecturing, Drew is director of Santa Barbara Dental Study Group, where he serves as an advisor on orthodontic diagnosis and treatment technique.